> Hey can Any body help me?
>

> I have a free BSD  box ,due to some power failure its rebooted , but booting
> failed ,
> The error I got was
> Trying  to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad4s1a  Warning : / was not properly
> dismounted loading configuration files.  /etc/rc.conf :9:Synatx error
> unterminated quoted String .    Enter full pathname of shell on Return for
> /bin/sh:
>
>    I preseed enter key then I got  #prompt .
>
>   but no login prompt  to login to my machine: only getting #

You _are_ logged in.  If your console is marked "secure" (which it
obviously is, see /etc/ttys) then it doesn't ask for a password when
forced to boot to single user mode.  The most likely course to correct
the problem now, is to do the following:
fsck -p
mount -a

then fix the problem in /etc/rc.conf.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended
recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an
intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.