> > I've been looking all around but I don't find any pop-before-smtp
> > solution within FreeBSD (no package, no ports, at least I didn't find
> > any).
> > Do you know if such a solution exists.

http://popbsmtp.sourceforge.net/

For the other person who didn't know what pop-before-smtp is;

it's a perl daemon utility that maintains a flat file db of those
who have recently popped the mail server - db entries contihue
to exist for a specific time and then are removed

the deamon does not allow anyone not in the flat file to
use smtp

it's an anti-spam relay technique - really it's a kludge, but
it works