On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 09:03:28AM -0800, Rem P Roberti wrote:
Hi everyone. I just installed 6.1 on an old laptop, and I am unable to shutdown as user. I get a "permission denied" error message. I know that this is probably some simple permission's thing, as I don't have that problem on my desktop, but I'm pretty new to all of this and would appreciate a heads up on how to shut down as user. Thanks.

Add yourself to the "operator" group. Just edit /etc/group.

I knew that the solution was a simple one, I just couldn't remember what it was. Thanks, David.

Rem