As you can no doubt see, I have been going round and round with trying to get an old Compaq Presario connected via wireless. The original Belkin card that came with the laptop does not seem to be supported. At least it does not show up in the handbook under supported devices. Further, it does not show up at all in the dmesg. However, I do have a Linksys USB wirelss adapter that does show up in the USB, correctly identified in the dmesg under ugen0. I cannot find any info on wireless USB devices in the handbook, and am wondering if anyone has had any success connecting with these wireless adapters.

Rem

Oops...the sentence should read "...that does show up in the dmesg, correctly identified in the dmesg under ugen0."