I will try the forcestart option when I get home. I do know that the start
option has not worked for me, though, and I am not sure what I am doing
incorrectly. In any case, I'll let you know the results of this.
Thank you,
Miles

On 11/13/06, Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Running 6.1 installed from the most recent .iso CD and sync'd ports
> through CVS, I wish to have the Ventrilo port start up as a daemon
> upon reboot, however, I'm not having any success in having this
> happen. I did some searching with Google and found little information
> specific to FreeBSD for Ventrilo at all, let alone a start up
> script. The port has one, but it seems to not work, rather it is that
> I do not know how to make it work properly. Trying to run it results
> in it exiting out without anything starting.
> Searching the Handbook, I found that section on rc.d, and modifying a
> sample script there I was able to get Ventrilo to start from the
> script, however, it still wouldn't work if I put a line in
> /etc/rc.conf
> ventrilo_enable="YES"

That should be enough.  Can you try calling the script by hand, giving
the "forcestart" parameter?