On 11/15/06, g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Well I stayed off the beer and other sinful delights for a while (month
or so P:) and have raked together enough cash to buy a new laptop. For
those of you out there with experience what would you advise. The plan
would be for ..unfortunately Windoze (vba stuff for work), Freebsd, and
most likely fedora. I had no problems getting my wireless to
work on the old one using the ndis stuff and freebsd beat the other
two hands down for performance.

Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6 (as
this is my day in day out operating system).

Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.

one site i would suggest is:
http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=dmesgd;SQLIMIT=20

it'll allow you to search dmesg log files from various OS/Hardware
combo's.  I know i've put a couple thinkpad entries in there.
hopefully it'll give you a good idea of the hardware support of
various laptops out there.  putting "laptop" as a search string seems
to pull up a fair amount of hit's.

HTH

-pete

--