Thanks to all for replay.

I have experience with linux, when I tell about iptables to use for firewall is because I use for firewall in linux world. I don't have experience with BSD and I don't now what exactly I must use for my server.

I like to make a web server for company clients with freeBSD, where they can put the content of their web site on the server via ftp ( I will test pure-ftpd )or other method.

Why Mysql ? Because most of my client use mysql.

How can not merge functions about security and end-users ? :)

Thanks to all again for all help.

Dan, Catana
Network Engineer @ Server Department
RCS & RDS - Bucharest Branch
Tel. +4031.400.4440, Fax. +4031.400.4441 http://www.rcs-rds.ro
this message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.

riccardo_diago wrote:
In my opinion,

- Apache 2
        OK
- MySQL 5
        OK
- PHP 5
        OK
- awstat
        OK
- ftp server ... I don't really know what to install, proftpd it's good ?
        I prefer pure-ftp because it has nice security features.

- iptables -- for firewall
        It's for linux.
        However, if u have another machine avaible, u can use IPCOP,
smoothwall, endian, or <vendor> Astaro </vendor> and many others.
        If u don't have another machine, u can u use ipf and ipfw on freebsd.
        Btw, it's a good choice to not merge functions about security and
end-users. ;)

cheers
rik