On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:34:18PM -0800, George Allan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58:53AM +0300, g wrote:
> > Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6
> > (as this is my day in day out operating system).

> > Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.
>
> My vote is for Thinkpads.  A quick search of the archives will bear out
> the popularity of that opinion.

        I second this vote along with the others who favor the
        ThinkPad.  (Also very much appreciate the heads-up on the VAIO
        below... )  I paid $336 for a 400MHz ThinkPad 600E in '03,
        including its upgrades, and it has run 24*7 for nearly 40 months.
        It is a bit slow to bring up the larger suites (like firefox
        or Abiword); but once in-memory, no complaints.   --I'm still
        at 5.4 but when 6.2 has been running for a few months, I'll
        upgrade.  So: good hardware, best software.

        That's my dime's worth.

        gary