Hi Kris. I realize the java support prior to 4 requires a ton of RAM to compile but I also know the compiler is reasonably good afterwards (from other platforms) but have not been successful with FreeBSD at this point. I attempted a few tries at 4.1 an 4.2 today and getting this sort of an error using gcj:

/usr/local/lib/gcc-4.2.0/libgcj.so.8: Undefined symbol "_Unwind_GetIPInfo"

so am looking to try something earlier that is known to work on Linux.

Regards,
David