On 11/18/06 18:32, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Eric Schuele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On 11/18/06 11:37, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Eric Schuele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I usually use cvsup5.us.freebsd.org.  but it has not given me any new
bits for several days now.  And if I use ANY other server what usually
takes five minutes, takes 30-minutes to an hour (or they just
hang). Which is terribly annoying.

I've tried picking other servers by hand, and I've tried the
fastest_cvsup script.  Doesn't seem to matter which I pick.  They all
seem to be slow except cvsup5... and cvsup5 does not give me anything
anymore.  No source, no ports, no docs.
cvsup5.us.freebsd.org does seem to have stopped updating.  I've
cc'd the "hubs" mailing list in case this was not known.

I have not changed anything on my end.  Is there something going on
that I am not aware of that is affecting the servers, or my ability to
interact with them?  Is it related to the release, the move, anything?
I tried cvsup3.us.freebsd.org (the example you showed in your
supfile), and it seemed fine; not just fast, but fully in synch
with my usual cvsup host (although it was busy enough that I had
to try for a while before I got in).  So whatever is going on does
seem to be local to you.

I don't know what it could be.

Try increasing the verbosity of cvsup; it may be able to tell you
what its problem is.

Man page says

cvsup -g -L 2 ${SUPFILE_DIR}/supfile

Is as verbose as it gets. Which is what I used in my last post. Is there something more I can tweak?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eric