Hi Kris. This is a libgcj in gcc issue and have posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. I see that there is a similar reference to something similar on Darwin platform which has FreeBSD roots. It seems that unwind symbol may be getting introduced into libgcj (so that when compiled produces the error). I believe this symbol provides support for libunwind for specific platforms other than FreeBSD. l'll have to track down the person responsible for the FreeBSD port since they should also be interested in determining a solution.

Regards,
David