Quoting VeeJay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi

I need to secure my data and server. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

I am going to place my FreeBSD server at a shared place?

I am just afraid that any unauthorized person might boot machine in single
user mode and steal the data?
How can I make my Server secure that if if boots in single user mode, it
still demands the password and without password one cannot do anything?
or make it possible that booting in Single user mode, doesn't provide any
shell?

Thanks in advance

--

BR / vj

BR,

Edit /etc/ttys and look for this:

# If console is marked "insecure", then init will ask for the root password when going to single-user mode.
console none                            unknown off secure

Change