> On 11/22/06, Office of CEO- rithy4u.NET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Thanks, could you introduce a cost effective SATA model for me one?
>>
>> Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
>> > On 11/22/06, Office of CEO- rithy4u.NET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >> Does FreeBSD support newer SATA RAID Controller? What software to
>> make
>> >> RAID 1? or someone know which SATA RAID Controller can support
>> hardware
>> >> mirror?
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> *Rithy Ray, RCSA*
>> >> Chief Executive Officer
>> >> Web: www.rithy4u.net <http://www.rithy4u.net>
>> >> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> >> Phone: (855) 12 403 001
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> >> dangerous content by rithy4uSpamAppliance, and is
>> >> believed to be clean.
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
>> >> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
>> >> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
>> >> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>> >>
>> > Newer RAID controllers -- Yes, see the h/w compat listing on the
>> > freebsd site
>> >
>> > Software RAID 1 - easy, gmirror.  see
>> > http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html for
>> > more
>> >
>> > Pretty much any controller that supports FreeBSD supports mirroring.
>> >
>>
>> --
>> *Rithy Ray, RCSA*
>> Chief Executive Officer
>> Web: www.rithy4u.net <http://www.rithy4u.net>
>> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Phone: (855) 12 403 001
>>
>> --
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> dangerous content by rithy4uSpamAppliance, and is
>> believed to be clean.
>>
>>
>
> That really depends on the application and your server hardware.  I've
> used Highpoint cards with success.  Others are quite pleased with
> 3ware products and there are others.  I would suggest you research
> some possibilities and then query the group for feedback on the
> particular models you are condidering.
>
> --
> Jeff Hinrichs
> Dundee Media & Technology, Inc
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>

I am currently running the Highpoint RocketRaid 454 (ATA RAID, they offer
SATA as well). I am very happy with it and Highpoint. The only caveat is
that it takes a little bit of time to support new releases, but not a long
wait.

Antonio
_______________________________________________
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
  • RAID Office of CEO- rithy4u.NET
    • Re: RAID Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T
      • Re: RAID Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T
        • Re: RAID Antonio Arredondo

Reply via email to