On 11/25/06, probsd org <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm a long time proponent of FreeBSD as a server. For a long time I've really
wanted a FreeBSD system as a desktop. So, I decided to install the FreeBSD 6.2
and compile xorg, gnome, mozilla, etc... to give it a whirl.

  For anyone reading this, who wants the same thing.

  DO NOT DO IT.  Nothing works. java is borked, mozilla and firefox are borked,
gnome is ify.... ugh.

  Just dont do it.  As a server, I highly recommend it... but it isn't ready
for the desktop.

If you don't know how to setup it, just got for DesktopBSD, or PC-BSD 1.3 Beta.

Thank you,

-J