apcupsd rules. Adam is quite responsive (if he's not traveling) with
fixes. USB works for most cases.

{^_^}    Joanne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Ragona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you are going to interface it with the FreeBSD for automatic shutdown, etc. Look at the port for nut in /usr/ports/sysutils. This supports only serial port models in the stable version but supports USB in the experimental version.

I use the stable version and have bought Belkin's that have both USB and serial ports on their units for monitoring. This is in their line for UPS-networking. These are pretty good priced too.

        -Derek