SASL can and does fine with stronger authentication. However, some clients do not. Specifically Outlook doesn't support stronger authentication.

        -Derek

At 09:17 AM 11/28/2006, Matthias Fechner wrote:
Hi,

* Vince <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27-11-06 11:03]:
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')

thx for all the answers even the PMs I got.
I found the problem now:
The problem is/was if you have the two lines:
define(confAUTH_MECHANISMS', LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')

sendmail uses the sasldb for authentification but if you replace them
with:
define(confAUTH_MECHANISMS',PLAIN LOGIN')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(PLAIN LOGIN')dnl

everythings works fine.

So it is necessary to disable strong authentification. It seems that
the saslauthd cannot handle it :(

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook