On 11/29/06, Dan Sikorsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey, I have a good question for you guys.

Lets say, I started a job on a computer, if you must know, portmanager -u ,
and then left... but I know its sitting there stuck on a config window
waiting for someone to press enter...
I do not have screen installed on this machine...

my question is, can I ssh in, install screen (or not i suppose it
wouldnt matter) and bring that process to either
screen, or my ssh terminal?  i was hoping there would be a way maybe to
suspend it, and then bring it to another term.

thanks

Take a look at watch(8) - notably the -W switch.

Best.

--
Ed P.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]