Sorry, this didn't make it back to the list, so I'm sending again...

Hi,

Howdy.

I would like to setup a mail server with postfix and sendmail...

One or the other, not both. I'm partial to postifx myself, as I find
it much easier to set up and administer.

To fight spam, is spamassassin the best choice or should I look into
something else ?

SpamAssassin is what I use, along with ClamAV and  Amavisd-new. I'll
be adding Maia Mailguard into the mix in the next iteration of the
machine.

You don't specify anything about your environment, so it's hard to
give much more advice. However, I can make one very good
recommendation:

The Book of Postfix, by Hildebrandt and Koetter

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1593270011

Thanks

You're welcome.

Kurt