On Thursday 30 November 2006 01:27, Nadow wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 17:22, Dan Sikorsky wrote:
> > Hey, I have a good question for you guys.
> >
> > Lets say, I started a job on a computer, if you must know, portmanager -u
> > , and then left... but I know its sitting there stuck on a config window
> > waiting for someone to press enter...
>
> Even easier, use portmaster. The first thing that do when installs a
> port is making recursive all the "make config" windows of the port and
> dependencies. After you have chosen the options of the last config
> menu, it will install all the stuff till the end without interruption
> (except error of course).

Portmanager doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, and it's by far the
slowest upgrade tool around. People who use it do so because it's the most
thorough tool around. By contrast portmaster uses a fairly minimalist
approach.

Portmaster is a clear alternative to portupgrade, it's not really a
replacement for portmanager.