On Nov 30, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Colin Percival wrote:
Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Nov 30, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Wasp King wrote:
1. How do I stop others from port scanning a server?

Marcus Ranum suggests using wirecutters on the ethernet cable.
If the server is internet-reachable, then it can be port-scanned.

Considering that many systems these days have 802.11 hardware, I'd
also suggest applying wirecutters to the power cable.

That's a shocking suggestion.

(Literally-- one might do well to unplug the machine first,
in which case cutting the power cable becomes superfluous.  :-)

--
-Chuck