I've just installed an external SCSI hard drive in the form of a sun StorEdge.
All is working well.

  The StorEdge has two drives called da0 and da1 respectivly.

  I've put entries into /etc/fstab so that they are mounted on boot as /s and
/t. My question is.......

  If I dont have the StorEdge running 24/7 and I reboot the server, the boot
process fails when mounting the file systems as /s /t can not be reached.

  Is there anyway of writing an automount line in fstab that is smart enough to
know that if the /s and /t are not reachable then continue with the boot
process without stopping. My fstab enty is...

  /dev/da0s1d   /s    ufs    rw    0    0

  I see that the cdrom has the entry

  /dev/cd0    /cdrom    cd9660  ro,noauto   0    0

  Is it simply a case of changing the mount option to rw,noauto ??