I have an acer travelmate 2420 that requires ndis for the broadcom 4318 wireless card but other than that it works in linux and freebsd nearly out-of-the-box. I got it from newegg for 500 usd too. I'm very happy with it.

Abe

CyberSword wrote:
I really can't say enough times how much I love my IBM T23, it's a couple of
years old and runs both WinXP and FreeBSD 6.1 like a charm.
I only had a bit of a problems configuring X, but that's part me for not
having much experience and was easily resolved by doing some digging in
Google.