I know this was reported the other day; however, I have just encountered it myself. Evidently, the last 'portupgrade' update is now causing 'portmanager' to issue this error message:

** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
        undefined method `x11base' for nil:NilClass
** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
        undefined method `x11base' for nil:NilClass

It doesn't appear to be fatal, although I have not allowed it to run to completion. Renaming the 'pkgtools.conf' file alleviates the problem.

Perhaps someone might have a suggestion.

--
Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]