On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 18:28:57 -0500
"Vishal Patil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have recently moved over from Linux to FreeBSD and would like to if
> there is something similar to UML (User Mode Linux) for doing kernel
> development for FreeBSD. Reading different mailing lists, wikis etc
> it seems that "qemu" seems to be the best option. Is this tool used
> by most of the FreeBSD developers?
> Thanks.

I personally think that having a dedicated box in disk-less
configuration is the best option out there. The ability to quickly go
through series of hands/reboots without any associated fsck runs and
without the risk of terminally damaging any local FS is priceless. If
qemu can be tricked into disk-less booting, it should be just as good
though.

--
Alexander Kabaev