On Tuesday 14 January 2003 12:04 am, randall ehren wrote:
> > when you did the build and it has to look like that on the clients.
> > If you link /array/src as /usr/src, make knows it was really
> > /array/src. You would have to nfs_mount /array/src and link it to
> > /usr/src. Why do that when you could have created a partition on
> > the array slice called src and mounted it as /usr/src. Then, you
> > could nfs_mount that partition as /usr/src and everything is happy.
>
> true - but i wanted a single machine to handle doing builds of
> -stable and -release as i have machines with different needs. if this
> is impossible then i'll settle, i just figured there was some flag i
> could possibly pass to the make installworld to fix the problem.

There are some env parameters that you can change but I couldn't find
them. I do my builds on my fastest system and want them done as quickly
as possible. So, I have /usr/src and /usr/obj on their own
HD/controller.

Your answer should be in the archive. Look around DESTDIR and others.
Then, don't bother doing the link to /usr/src and /usr/obj. It doesn't
matter at that point. That doesn't get you around the fact that make
builds files with the original path built in.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA