On Dec 6, 2006, at 11:00 AM, patrick wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any way in FreeBSD (4.x on i386) to tell what
the RAM configuration in the system is? ie. Can it show me if I have
four 256MB modules versus two 512MB's? Obviously it would be possible
to just open up the computer and see for my self, I'm hoping I can
save myself a trip and wrecking an uptime of 670 days. :)

Sure. Install the dmidecode port (from /usr/ports/sysutils/ dmidecode), and run:

  dmidecode -t memory

# dmidecode 2.8
SMBIOS 2.3 present.

Handle 0x1000, DMI type 16, 15 bytes