--- Begin Message ---
I'm trying to figure this out, and I'm not sure what to do.

The GunCon2 is a usb device intended for the PS/2. I have it's communications protocol worked out, FreeBSD picks the gun up and gives it two devices, /dev/ugen0 and /dev/ugen0.1. ugen0.1 is a character device that I can easily read everything I need from the gun. I even have a perl "reference driver" written that uses perl and the X11::GuiTest module to move the pointer and click, but it's too laggy to be of real use.

The gun has 10 (!!!) buttons. The trigger, A, B, C, Select, Start, and the control pad (4 independent buttons).

I'm not sure whether or not the OS can support a 10 button HID mouse or not. I've tried just getting the gun detected and so it creates /dev/guncon instead of ugen (even if it really is still using the general purpose driver) with no luck. I have the product ID and vendor ID...I'm just not "getting" it. Ideally I'd like to be able to use the gun for MAME. It should function just like any other mouse though. Aside from lag issues, I have it doing that already.

Here's a link to what I have so far:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=60813.0

As per that link, someone wrote a driver for Linux, and also for the "TopGun" (a third party GunCon2 clone), but I'm not sure whether or not that code is portable.

Could anyone give me a hand with this?

Tony

--- End Message ---