Alexis Dorais-Joncas wrote:
Lane a écrit :
On Friday 08 December 2006 13:58, Alexis Dorais-Joncas wrote:
Hi all,

Subject says it all. I would like to install the package phpMyAdmin on
two different locations on my server. Is this doable? If so, how?

I'm using  FreeBSD g-noc.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu
Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386 with ports
updated daily with cvsup.

Right now, after I do :
cd  /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
sudo make PREFIX=/xxx/yyy install

I get :
pkg_info|grep Admin
phpMyAdmin-2.9.1.1  A set of PHP-scripts to manage MySQL over the web

And when I try to install it again but using a different PREFIX, I get
this :
===>  Checking if databases/phpmyadmin already installed
===>   phpMyAdmin-2.9.1.1 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again

Using FORCE_PKG_REGISTER unregisters the first installation, so its no
good for this I guess.

Thanks in advance,
Alexis
Alexis,

Read through the porters' handbook, http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/.

You are interested primarily in PREFIX and DESTDIR, but all of the text up to that point is enlightening.

lane
Hi Lane,
I think you misunderstood my problem. I know how to install a port to a specific location using PREFIX. What I want to achieve is to have one port installed twice. For example, I want one whole instance of phpMyAdmin to be in /var/www/ and a whole other one in /home/someuser/. And I want both instances to be manageable with the package tools (such as portupgrade) in order to keep both updated easily.

Or have I totally missed the point with PREFIX/DESTDIR ?

Thanx!
Alexis

Well, a kludge, and maybe Lane was alluding to this, is to duplicate the phpMyAdmin port so you have two copies in your ports. You could then change the copy's Makefile so it has a different PORTNAME and a new install prefix. Of course you'd have to update your copy every time the original gets updated, but a script could probably handle that. Also portsnap will overwrite your copy, so maybe the script could recopy each time.

I hope there's an easier way though.

- Micah