Hi Abdullah,

        Thanks for that information:

can you make sure that you put the pppd program at that location?
because you said that you already tried directly to /usr/sbin/pppd
or may be you can copy it to /usr/local/sbin

On FreeBSD, the pppd that comes with the system is installed in /usr/sbin/pppd, and I tried that with the same result. There is another optional pppd in the ports (/usr/ports/net/pppd23) and that one installs in /usr/local/sbin/pppd. So I have tried them both, with identical results. Thanks for the info about the Fedora box. I'll look at that carefully and compare with mine.

Cheers,

Rob Hurle