On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:
 > On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:44:13AM +1100, Ian Smith wrote:
[..]
 > > I was glad I'd specified -PP .. every fetch from $subject directory
 > > failed.  Checking manually, then and again tonight, I see that indeed
 > > only the versions of files that were (correctly) current at 4th December
 > > are still there now.  The latest file date there says 17th November.
 > >
 > > Is this likely a temporary glitch, or do -stable packages only get
 > > updated to match the current ports tree after some expectable delay?

 > There's always a lag, of course (computers aren't yet infinitely fast
 > ;-).  It's usually only a lag of a couple of days for 6.x, longer for
 > 5.x since it's a "legacy" branch and not our main focus of activity.

As we're often enough reminded :)  Thought I'd get it all up to date,
then cvsup to 6.2 once released.

 > However the main FTP distribution server has been offline with
 > hardware failure for the past week or two, so I can't push out any of
 > the subsequent updates.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon (it's
 > also holding up the 6.2 release cycle).

Thanks Kris, may it Get Well Soon.

BTW, just to try, I'd installed 6.1-R on another box over the net from
the boot-only CD, and enjoyed being able to install heaps of packages
from sysinstall that way, but was a bit dismayed to find it hadn't kept
the fetched packages .. is there a way to ask sysinstall to do that?

Cheers, Ian