On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:32:53AM +0000, Dieter wrote:
> > Did this problem start before you made port2file run with rtprio?
>
> Yes.  I only added rtprio because it wasn't working.
>
> > Can you please include a copy of your kernel configuration file and dmesg?
>
> I think you asked that before:     :-)

OK, sorry - I lost track.

> Is Giant the only mutex/lock that could be a bottleneck across disks?

The only one I can think of that is generic.  One would have to do
more extensive profiling and diagnosis to try and figure out what is
wrong with your system.

The only explanation that seems to fit is that it's something to do
with your particular hardware (i.e. driver issue), since it's
certainly not a problem on general configurations.

I know that many people have bad things to say about nforce chipsets,
although I dont know if your particular problem has been reported
before.

Kris