Hi list, I've read the handbook for ports, basically (if I understand) ports are files that brings information (location, dependencies) to the system to compile a series of files (sources) to have the final piece of software. Very nice with the advantages that comes with this type of installation, but, what about a big applications like Gnome, OpenOffice and so on. I can't try ports because I can't have a fast/long connection for downloads (due to some restrictions on my country) so I always install via packages, and it takes a while, well a little bit. So what I am asking if is anyone has test a Gnome, OpenOffice.org, or any other big installations via ports (say in a Pentium 4 2.8GHz HT with 512Mb RAM) can tell me the elapsed time ??? Just curious...thanks in advance.