I've been searching the manual and the man pages, but I can't seem to find a command to update an installed package to a newer version. I always get a message like this:

pkg_add: package 'expect-5.43.0_1' or its older version already installed

I only find info on "pkg_add" and "pkg_delete" for binary packages, the only references to updating a package give directions on how to use the ports tree.

Is there a way to update an installed package with a newer version?