6.0.2 Legato client that used(?) to be in the ports works fine for me
on a 6.1 box, while 5.5.2 works fine on my 4.9 box. I'm quite certain
we are using current 7.x Legato server. As far as security is
concerned, local users are not a problem, while firewall takes care of
remote problems. Of course, rsyncing to a Linux box is also a good
solution.

Or simply get rid of crappy software manufacturer which is not
supporting FreeBSD.

--
Nino