On 12/13/06, Armin Arh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

clearly sendmail is running, but not as a daemon.
It gets called for every single mail by some other process running as
root.
You suspect squid to do so? (unlikely, why should a webcache send
emails...)
Well, then run squid as another user and watch the logs, should
be "from=squiduser" then...

Hi Armin!

At this moment, I can't change the user for squid, but I'll keep this in
mind to make some tests in the future.

Thank you for your help.

The problem with too much root- processes is, you can't tell which one is
going mad.

enjoy,
        Armin
--
PUBBOX Postmaster + spam-killer. Free email addresses at
http://pubbox.net/