Hi Dan,

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 23:37, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jan 14), Stacey Roberts said:
> > Hello,
> >      I'm running bind in a sandbox as per the handbook. I've had this
> > set up and (presumably) working okay since FreeBSD 4.6 Stable, and have
> > today noticed these named entries in /var/log/messages:
> >
> >  named[143]: denied update from [host_IP].1268 for
> > "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" IN
>
> Is that host running Windows 2000 or XP?  Does it also have "Register
> this connection's addresses in DNS" checked in (deep breath):

Yes, its a Win2K Pro machine.

> Control Panel -> Network -> Local Area Connection -> Properties -> TCP/IP ->
>Advanced -> DNS
>
> ?  if so, uncheck it :)

I should mention that the messages appear on the same FreeBSD box that
acts as a PDC (using samba). That button has always been ticked and not
presented a problem for the months that I've had the domain set up. How
would your suggested procedure affects this? I only ask, because I'm not
sure myself what effects this will have on the set up.

Thanks again for the kind reply.

Regards,

Stacey
--