Hi,

I am running a FreeBSD6.1 Webserver with mysql but having problems....

I found below mentioned quote on the net? But I don't know where to find
this "libmap.conf" file?

-------------------------------------quote from the NET
For FreeBSD 6 tests show that using "libthr" gives the best performance
(search on the net for some benchmarks).
To use libthr, just download the precompiled mysql for FreeBSD 6, and add
the following lines to your /etc/libmap.conf :

[mysqld]
libpthread.so.2 libthr.so.2
libpthread.so libthr.so
After that restart your mysqld, and from then on it should be using libthr.
----------------------------------end of quote...

While, it says that one has to download precompiled mysql. But I installed
the mysql50-server from the FreeBSD ports collection.

1. I wonder, that would I have to create /etc/libmap.conf file by myself? Or
2. Do I need to install another port to have it work?
3. If I make the file by myself and restart the server, how could I know
that mySQL is using now "libthr" library?

Thanks for your help!!!!
--
Thanks!

BR / vj