Hi,

> Hi lists,
>
>   I am currently using FreeBSD-6.1 for a while. I am in Thailand so
> my time zone is GMT+7. Let say the time is 3:00 PM in Thailand.
> What I would like to know is
>
> 1. What is the output of `date` command I should get ?
> 2. What is the output of `date -u` command I should get ?

If I understand your question correctly;

If your system is configured correctly and the date/time is
set correctly, the output of  'date'  should be the correct
time and date for your time zone.

If you add the -u flag, it should display the current GMT time and date.

For example, if the current time in Thailand is 15:00 (3:00 pm),
then plain 'date' should print:
  Mon Dec 18 15:00:00 TST 2006

For date -u you should see:
  Mon Dec 18 08:00:00 TST 2006

Note, I don't know the correct bymbol for the time in Thailand
so I just stuck in 'TST'.

////jerry