Is there any consensus on which method I should use to enable printing on my 6.1 desktop? The printer in question is an old HP Deskjet 500. I recall there being issues regarding cups in the not too distant past, and am wondering if I should look at something else. I'm running KDE (and sometimes Gnome), and looking to be able to print from Firefox, opera-linux, bluefish & openoffice. I would also like to set it up to be able to be a network share via Samba. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Greg Groth