On 12/20/06, linux quest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am a new user of FreeBSD. I have already installed FreeBSD succesfully.
However, I am not able to connect to the Internet. I have read the ppp
manual in FreeBSD (by typing man ppp), but I still can't connect to the
Internet.

This is what happened at my prompt ...

abc# ping google.com
ping: cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure

Then, I thought perhaps I haven't configure my DNS. So I typed man dns,
but I can't find the DNS manual, and yes... I know my ISP DNS IP address.
But I don't know where to configure it in FreeBSD.

man resolve.conf