On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, P.U.Kruppa wrote:

I found out I need three plugins for opera, mozilla or whatever:

- Java Runtime Enviroment
- Linux Flash Player
- Linux Realplayer

JRE works nicely with native FreeBSD browsers,
the Linux plugins can be run with Linux Browsers.
(.pdf files can be viewed externally with Evince,
linuxpluginwrapper doesn't do anything at all and I tried
different kinds of Linux JRE's with Linux Browsers - no way)

Did anyone find a combination that can do all three plugins in one browser on FreeBSD 6.2 PRERELEASE?

For FreeBSD-native FireFox and Seamonkey:

The FreeBSD native JDK 1.4 gives a working Java plugin.

For Flash with linuxpluginwrapper and linux-flashplugin7, you have to patch the system source:

Install the dlsym patch:

# cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/
# fetch http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
# patch < rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
# make
# make install

Link the library (linx-flashplugin7 should have already done this):

cd /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins
ln -sf /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so .
ln -sf /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/flashplayer.xpt .

And make sure your /etc/libmap.conf Flash7 section agrees with the sample included with the linuxpluginwrapper port.

mplayer is supposed to handle RealPlayer, although I can't say I've tested it.