On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:23:19PM -0500, Tom Parquette wrote:
> Michael J Ruhl wrote:
> >Howdy,
> >
> >I forgot to install some distribution sets when I did my original
> >install, so I am trying to do so now.
> >
> >Going to /stand/sysinstal I selected the post install, add distrubtion
> >sets, selected the stuff, and then tried to do the FTP.
> >
> >However, when I do that I get:
> >
> >"Can't find the 4.7-STABLE distribution on this FTP server (I was using
> >ftp.freebsd.com, ftp2.freebsd.com and ftp3.freebsd.com)."
> >
> >I am using 4.7-STABLE, and trying to install the 2.2 and 3.0 a.out
> >binary libraries.
> >
> >Any thoughts on this matter would be helpful. :)
> >
> Mike,
> I had something similar happen with packages after I went from
> 4.7-RELEASE to 4.7-STABLE.  I got around it by going to /usr/ports/...
> and building what I wanted from source.

AFAIK distribution sets target a particular -RELEASE branch not
-STABLE or -RELENG. From sysinstall, select Options and set the
Release Name to "4.7-RELEASE", and you should be good to go.

I am not aware of the consequences (if any) of doing this.

Ideally, you should build from the sources.

# cd /usr/src/lib/compat/compatXX
# make install

See the make.conf man page for info on building compat libs during
buildworld.

--
Robin Damm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>