hi,张�|武
imho. maybe you can use https instead if you can stand for the slow
speed. but you'd better not do that for your safety:)
btw, use tor to browse the wikipedia, there are several ways on how to
edit wikipedia inside the great firewall.
the great firewall is great!
Sherry Zhang

On 12/22/06, Fabian Keil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Girish Venkatachalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:59:59AM +0800, ????????? wrote:
> > Hello. I am from China and I'd like to contribute to wikipedia, but
> > this is not easy / possible because we cannot access wikipedia from
> > inland (the great firewall) and my usual method accesssing wikipedia
> > (through ssh -L 80:en.wikipedia.org:80 my_server_in_german) can allow
> > me to visit wikipedia but do not allow me to edit it ("open proxy,
> > your host IP address is detected to be belonging to a hosting
> > company").
> >
> > Can I have an account on your host (or maybe not an account, any means
> > let me access wikipedia from a host that is not in datacenter) so that
> > I can go on editing wikipedia?

> I think you need tor

Wikipedia doesn't allow edits coming from known Tor exit nodes.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/