Rico Secada wrote:
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:38:43 -0700
"Z. Wade Hampton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Bill.  I'll keep that in mind.
I think I have the problem figured out.
*base=/var/db
was set in the supfile.
After changing it to "/usr", the problem went away.

You can be 99.9% sure that the problem wasn't that. It is, like it is stated,
most likely a hardware problem but initialized by using cvsup. My guess is RAM
problems. Try using MEMTESTER.
Regards,
ZWH

However, spontaneous reboots are almost always hardware problems.  Have
you verified that your RAM, hard drive, cooling, power, and all other
hardware factors are in proper operation?  That would be the first
logical step in diagnosing this.

-Bill
I agree with what everyone else has said before me. My recommendations:
1. Run Dell diags CD.
2. Run memtest86+.
3. Upgrade the BIOS if possible; Dell's move to AMD chipsets is recent, and a BIOS upgrade might be beneficial for your machine.

-Garrett