Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>> Last official ATI video card support for FreeBSD was the 9400 series
>> drivers. I've heard about some reverse engineered drivers from Linux. Is
>> there any way to get hardware acceleration for ATI Radeon 9600 series? I
>> want to run OpenGL applications, and not with software rendering.
>
> AFAIK, you get that with Xorg 7.x.

Last time I was FreeBSDing was half a year ago. I'll test some 3D games
on the 6.2-RELEASE. I will get a decent framerate, will I?

Unfortunately there are still some issues with Xorg 7.x, so
it's not in the ports collection yet. Fortunately you can
try those issues for yourself using a great howto at:

http://wikitest.freebsd.org/ModularXorg

Good luck!