I just built a new system as a firewall using FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p11, IP
Filter V4.1.8 and am getting "No DHCPOFFERS received". I am connected to the
internet via Comcast broadband.  My old system running FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE
and IP Filter V 3.4.29 works just fine. I plugged my external network port
into the internal network to see if I could get an assigned ip using my
internal dhcp server and this worked just fine.  When I try to use the
external connection to Comcast via the cable modem I receive no replys to my
dhcp requests.  I have tried swapping out different net cards with the same
problem.  There is probably something simple I am missing, but I can't see
it at this time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Calvin Smith