Hi,

I just got a new mainboard (MSI K9N Platinum) with nvidia nforce
570/MCP55
chipset. It has a dualLAN 1Gbit ethernet adapter which I think is
integrated into the southbridge chipset (nforce 570/MCP55).
The mainboard manual says it's controlled by Vitesse VSC8601.

I am new to FreeBSD and I did not manage to get it
to work (6.2-rc2 amd64).

I compiled a new kernel with this nve driver (for nvidia mcp onboard
ethernet adapters) but it did not work. I tried to load all the if_*
modules but none worked.

Before I tried this I installed NetBSD3.1 and there it worked perfectly
after the first boot (said it was an mcp55 lan adapter).

How do I get this ethernet thing to work or is this chipset not
supported? (mcp55 sound works as stated in the hardware list on freebsd).

Help would be appreciated! Thanks...