Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
Does the lang/gcc41 port work for you?

I don't know I don't care. I want to learn more about compilation processes, get to know UNIX-like systems more, and whatever. So I've downloaded the source for gcc, and the README says that I need the ISO C90 compiler. Where do I get that? OK it looks like I can compile gcc 4.1 with an older gcc, but that's not my choice.
[ But if that's the case, how was the first gcc compiled? xD ]
[ How was the first ever compiler compiled? xD               ]