Is there a standard way of installing complete filesystem images onto
existing machines via the network, for example using dump, restore, nfs,
and boot floppies?

I want to upgrade our mail server cluster from 4-STABLE to 6-STABLE, and
there is so much that goes into the mail server setup...
postfix/amavisd-new/clamav/SA/Razor2/DCC/FuzzyOcr all chrooted, that's a
lot of port installing and lib copying I don't feel like doing.

I've got an image of the 6-STABLE box I'm happy with and I want to be able
to serve it via NFS, then go through the cluster booting on (hopefully)
the fixit floppy, format the disks and restore the image over nfs, edit
some confs, and boot it and away it goes in a fraction of the time it
would take to go from scratch with each.

I'm not sure what tools the fixit floppy has. Anybody done anything like
this before?

Thanks,
Andy

---