Hi,

I was running FreebBSD 5.x until a few days ago at home on a little shuttle cube server with a celeron processor when my hard drive appeared to develop multiple problems and finally died. I had a western digital external usb hard drive attached to the server that I used for daily backups. So I got a new hard drive and installeed FreeBSD 6.1 on it. I have plugged in the WD external usb drive and ran:

dmesg
camcontrol devlist

And the WD usb drive seems to recognized by the system and all is well. The WD usb drive has a freebsd partition on it already. I want to mount this drive so I can start to move backed up data to the new box, but reading through the handbook and doing a google search, I'm still not clear exactly how to do it. I don't remember how I had setup the old box to mount the drive as I had done it almost two years ago.

If someone can tell me what to do or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I really don't want to mess this up.

Steve Bopple
www.digitalbluesky.net